Insider Tips To Find The Best Sofa For Your Home
Since your sofa happens to be one of the most important furniture pieces in your living room it does make a lot of sense to spend some time in choosing the right sofa. Here are some effective tips to help you find the most appropriate sofa for your home.
Measurement is crucial
The foremost thing you need to do while choosing the perfect sofa is to have a measurement of your living room so that you can have an idea how much space is available there. Aside from the measurement of the living room you should also measure the following;
• The width of your front door
• Width of your halfway or corridor
• Width of the connecting doors, if any
You can cut a large piece of paper or cardboard to the dimensions of sofa and place it in your living room in case you are sceptical whether a particular sofa would fit in your living room or you want to reposition your new sofa from the older one. This will help you understand if your new sofa will fit in different position or not.
Sizes of sofa
Since sofas come with a wide range of sizes you need to figure out which size is appropriate for your household. Big three-sitters are perfect for big family homes and also for those people who really want to stretch out while the smaller two-seater sofas are appropriate for those who live in flats or households with limited space.
You should further consider the setting of the rest of your living room as well. This will help you decide whether a large sofa is more appropriate or two smaller sofas will look better in your living room. You need to select depending upon your needs.
• If you live in a small house a sofa bed will make the most of the space you have
• If space is not your issue and you need multiple seats a corner group would be your better option
Apart from the length, the height and depth also play an instrumental role. Taller people find deeper ones more comfortable whereas shallower sofas suit shorter people better.
Your living room and other furniture
While looking for a perfect sofa you also have to chew over the design of the living room and the sizes of the rest of the furniture placed there.
• If your living room has a high ceiling and plenty of open space a sofa with wide arms and high back would definitely complement the spaciousness of your living room. Positioning also matters, so you should place it more towards the centre rather than towards the wall. Your living room would appear even bigger that way.
• If your living room is smaller and has a low ceiling a sofa with slimmer arms and lower backs will be more suitable.
You should also keep in mind the design and sizes of other furniture while selecting one. Most online sellers come with a wide range of sizes so you can surely find the one that suits your room in terms of both style and size.
James Harris is an expert writer and he writes about all types of furniture. His artless on tips to find the best sofas helped many who want to buy a new sofa for their home.