How to Decorate Your Large Room in a Smart Way
It’s easy to put furniture on a large space, but big rooms have their own challenges too, and this is what we are going to discuss about today. These are 10 ideas that can help you in making your room feel better and comfortable.
1. Using tall potted plants. This is very useful when you have a high ceiling living room, so you can fill your vertical height with tall potted plants. You can also add a massive houseplant as long as you make sure your space gets enough lights for the plants.
2. Paint two-color wall. While tall potted plants are great for creating an eye-catching living room, paint two-tone walls will make the room feel more comfortable and cozier. Paint one part of wall using a bright color and the others using a neutral color.
For example, paint orange color on one side of the wall and the others side of the wall using white color. This will work and perfect.
3. Coffee table between sofas. Large seating arrangements will feel a little empty if there’s too much space or distance between sofas, so put a coffee table between sofas will be perfect and close the gap.
4. Using daybed as room divider. In decorating a large living room, you can use a daybed as the room divider but also make sure keep the decoration looks neat and comfortable.
5. Fill empty spot with armchairs. Place in front of the fireplace with a pair of armchairs to fill the empty spot of your living room, beside armchairs you can also put coffee table in front of the fireplace. It works well too.
6. Put an L-shaped sectional modern sofa. If you have a large and modern room, then a comfortable L-shaped sofa will suit the space.
7. Using a console table to define zones. Another good option for sectioning parts of a really large living room is placing a console table behind sofa in the middle of the room.
8. Fill with decorative screens. Using decorative screens in a large and open living room will create a more protected and intimate area. You can place the screen behind your sofa if you put your sofa in the middle of the room.
9. Fill your dead wall space. Rather than letting it go bare the best option for filling the wall space bare is placing a console table against the wall and frames hung above.
10. A pair of occasional chairs. It always looks smart with placing a pair of chairs between a console table with a large artwork or mirror above the console table, or you can pull the chairs closer together when sitting with friends.
Create your own spot within a large room. Last but not least, don’t forget to think about how you can create an intimate spot for you. It’s your house and you may like to create a special room or spot for yourself only, maybe reading your favorite books or relaxing.
Want to get hold of Home Design Collections in One?
Get our Free eBook
Grab our free eBook and more inspiring interior designs at InteriorDesignLover.com