8 Ways to Make Your Bedroom Unique and Stylish
Your bedroom is the one place where you feel most safe, comfortable, happy, and inspired and basically all other feelings there is. Your bedroom is the extension of yourself. It shows who you are. Surely, you want it to be unique just like you.
Here are some ideas you can apply to your own room and how to make your room look more unique and stylish.
1. Be consistent with your theme – having a specific theme is the best way to decorate your room. Use a theme that will reflect your personality or incorporate the things you love like, books, action figures or movies. Think about this theme and then stick to it. It will create a great result to see consistent design along with your furniture particularly your bed.
2. Layer with color – play with colors. Use different shades of color to create a creative output. For example, start with stronger shade of green in your wall up to lighter shade in your bed and the lightest one on your floor. It is pleasant in the eyes and quite unique as well.
3. Make use of your wall – if you wish to save space in your room, then it is advisable to make use of your wall. Use it to hang your lampshade or your bookshelves. It is not just improve room space but very sophisticated too. Release the more creative side of you and think of other things that will make your wall more alive and useful.
4. Give your floor some attention – most of the times, we underestimate the impact of floors on the ambiance of the bedroom – probably just placing a carpet or nothing at all. Well, if you want a unique room then maybe you could play around with your floor. Add some art designs or very colorful carpet that complements your wall design.
5. Place indoor plants – it would be a good idea to place indoor plants in your bedroom. It is good for purifying the air inside and makes the room alive. Looking for indoor plants online that suits well in your bedside is easy if you pair it with the theme of your room.
6. Place mini corkboards in your work area – be creative in your workspace. Do not let it be cluttered and messy. It would be great to use mini corkboards where you can place your post-its and sticky notes. It is useful and pretty in the eyes too.
7. Use unique and customized bookshelves – are you booklover? Isn’t it exciting to see your book collections in your room? Well, it will be nicer to look at if it is arranged in customized bookshelves. You can come up with different patterns that will work well with your room’s theme.
8. Be playful with your frames – another opportunity to show your creativity is through your picture frames. If you’re the type of person who loves putting lots of pictures in your room then take this opportunity by coming up with artistic frames in different shapes, colors or patterns. Hang some frames in your wall and place some on your bedside table.
Have you thought about the approach you can use to add spice and flavor in your bedroom? Use the tips discussed as your inspiration to come up with your own masterpiece. It is not important to buy expensive furniture – just be creative and think about your personality while designing your room.