6 Ways to Design Your Workspace for Super Productivity
Most corporations and business owners are under the impression that office productivity essentially depends on technology. Driven by such ideas, they have continued investing in best-in-class connectivity products and software. There is no denying that in today’s world of enterprise mobility and real-time connectivity technology plays an important role to escalate productivity. However, the ability to nurture human potential and creativity is the key to churning the best output from your employees and in turn helps you to stay ahead in the competition.
Here follows the 6 workspace design tricks that help your employees to stay motivated and generate top-class output.
• Flexible Workspace: Leading interior décor experts believe that productivity doesn’t come from keeping employees preoccupied within their cubicles. A futuristic workspace attempts to strike the right balance between personal work space, activity-based areas, and informal collaboration zones. Modern office spaces with open hubs and lounges allow employees to collaborate and brainstorm. Use whiteboard paint to turn this area into your brainstorming and creativity hub.
• Use of Colour: Colour plays an important role when it comes to driving productivity from your employees. For instance, high wavelength colours such as red or sparkling blue or yellow are essential to energise your employees. Employees feel the motivation to pursue an objective oriented path. Colours with low wave length, on the other hand, such as green or light blue are more effective in meeting rooms or creative thinking blocks.
• Promote Environmental Sustainability: An office space doesn’t have to be about cubicles, paper storage drawers, desks, meeting rooms and computers. In order to add the humane quotient to the ambiance, employers may highlight the idea of environmental sustainability. Plants within your office space have a major impact on employees’ energy level. Not only they keep the air free from toxic gases but also help employees manage their stress levels. Instruct your operations department to follow the Flowers for Everyone protocol, which means each of your employees will receive a flower at their desks, before they start with the day’s work. What better way way to fill them up with optimism and imagination!
• Prioritize Office Cleanliness: Office cleanliness is essential to promote productivity and a happy working environment. Instruct your employees to manage their paperwork carefully and not to keep it cluttered over their desks. It creates a drab and monotonous impression, which contradicts the idea of a productive environment. Additionally, please ensure that all non-working office furniture and old electronics that don’t comply with the spirit of productivity are removed from the workspace.
• Modular Office Decor Items: Look beyond the concept of traditional office furniture and opt for modular items. They would be more fitting to the dynamic requirements of a highly energetic and productive team, such as your employees. Opt for folding walls and demountable modular structures that can be conveniently stored and moved around as per employees’ preference. These modular structures can also be used effectively for noise cancellation purpose.
• Natural Light: Most of the workspaces operate with artificial lighting systems, which create a depressing environment. Strategic use of bullpens and glass windows are the best ways to let in the natural sunlight. These simple changes help your employees to stay fresh and motivated to attain their professional goals. In case of corner offices, space is a major issue to create the access for natural light. Smart lighting systems and LED solutions that intuitively change as per employees’ needs, are preferred alternatives than the traditional fluorescent lights.
Implement the suggested changes in your workspace and inspire your employees to deliver the best productivity. They are your key resources that deliver the deserving edge over competition, not cutting-edge technologies.